Counselling courses and training
Here at The Spark we have the relationship-based learning & development counselling courses and training for beginner, intermediate and advanced practitioners and professionals. Whether you are an employer keen to help your teams understand each other better, looking to take your first step towards a new career as a counsellor or an experienced therapist seeking professional development opportunities, The Spark is a leading provider of training from certificate to diploma and M.Sc. levels and an approved SQA Training Centre.
We develop and deliver modular training packages across Scotland from Advanced Diplomas and Counsellor Continuous Professional Development (CPD) modules, to innovative and experiential training packages for the workplace. In addition, we attract highly experienced trainers to develop counsellors’ and supervisors’ professional effectiveness.
The courses we offer are:
- Diploma in Relational Counselling (2 years)
- COSCA Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Advanced Course in Counselling Supervision
- Continuous Professional Development
- Relationship First Aid
- Scottish Mental Health First Aid (SMHFA)
- Scottish Mental Health First Aid for Young People (SMHFA – YP)
- Helpline Training