This Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Approach CPD course will provide counsellors and therapists an understanding of the origins, the principles, and the application of CBT approach.
Participants will gain an understanding of how they can apply the Assessment, Formulation and Treatment planning structure and will provide participants with the knowledge and skills of CBT Tools and techniques to integrate into their counselling practice. Case studies will be provided throughout the trainings day and participants will be invited to reflect and consider how they can apply the CBT approach to into their counselling practice.
- To understand the principles & theory of CBT
- To define the application of CBT Tools
- To apply a CBT Approach to an existing practice
- To develop therapeutic skills within a CBT Framework
- To increase confidence & competence
Course Learning Outcomes
- Describe the key principles of CBT and how they relate to thoughts, feelings, behaviours, and physical sensation
- Explain rationale for application of specific CBT tools and how they relate to goals
- Develop a plan to integrate CBT principles and techniques in their existing practice
- Evaluate the effectives of CBT interventions
- Reflect on learning and development from the course
This 12-hour CPD workshop is delivered over two days, each day will include large and small group discussion and activities, and skills practice. At the end of day 2, participants will be provided an opportunity to consolidate and demonstrate their learning by submitting 500 word written reflection of how they can integrate a CBT approach into their current practice.
- The foundation & principles of CBT
- Iceberg Diagram
- Treatment Planning
- Bodily Sensations
- Relapse Prevention
- CBT Skills
- Written Reflection Exercise
Course location and how to book
This course take place in our Glasgow training centre:
The Spark Counselling, 2nd Floor Training Suite, 100 Wellington Street, Glasgow G2 6DH
To book please complete the enquiry form below and a member of our training team will contact you to discuss payment options.