CHILDREN + YOUNG PEOPLE
Transitions to Employment programme
The Spark’s Transitions to Employment programme is specifically designed to support young adults preparing to leave education and enter employment.
Equipping young adults with the skills and strategies to successfully manage the transition into post school employment destinations is the primary objective of this programme.
Participants will explore the different relationships they will encounter in the workplace, with colleagues, peers and managers.
This programme covers a range of topics including:
- Exploration of different types of transitions
- Improving communication and listening skills.
- The implications of passive, aggressive and assertive behaviours.
- Exploration of how beliefs and behaviours such as territorialism and sectarianism, can impact on professional and personal relationships.
- Exploration of positive goals for the future.
The Spark’s Transitions to Employment programme is delivered as a half-day workshop for further education students or as part of the apprenticeship/employment induction process.
Transitions to Employment in your college or organisation
Find out more about The Spark’s Post school programmes and how it can positively impact your students, apprentices and new employees. Telephone the CYP Team on 0141 222 3910 or complete an enquiry form.