Useful Links for Parents and Families
Parents and Families
- Parent Club Scotland The Scottish Government’s resource website for everything from Baby Boxes and parenting tips, to meal ideas and advice on childcare entitlement.
- Dads Care Aberdeen A Scottish charity supporting fathers and children throughout the northeast of Scotland and beyond.
- Families Outside An independent charity providing support and information to families affected by imprisonment.
- Families Need Fathers A charity concerned with maintaining a child’s relationship with both parents during and after a family breakdown.
- Mumsnet A website of parenting tips, product reviews and advice for parents.
- National Lone Parent Helpline A free helpline providing impartial and confidential advice to single-parent families.
- Parenting Across Scotland (PAS) Information and support for parents, carers and families across Scotland.
- StepIn ASAP An organisation of psychotherapists and related practitioners supporting those in stepfamily situations.
Children & Young People
- BAAF Adopting and Fostering BAAF Scotland supports, advises and campaigns for better outcomes for children in care.
- ChildLine A free, private and confidential helpline for children and young people up to the age of nineteen.
- Sandyford Caring about sexual, reproductive and emotional health in Greater Glasgow and Clyde.
Health and Wellbeing
- Breathing Space A free, confidential, phone and web-based service for people in Scotland experiencing low mood, depression or anxiety.
- Choose Life The national strategy and action plan to prevent suicide in Scotland.
- Counselling Directory A network for those looking for support from professional counsellors or psychotherapists.
- COSCA Scotland’s professional body for Counselling & Psychotherapy.
- Cruse Bereavement Care Scotland Providing face-to-face and group support after the death of someone close.
- Health In Mind An extensive range of services for people experiencing mental health difficulties.
- Healthy Working Lives Helping employers create a safer, healthier and more motivated workforce.
- Know the Score Scotland’s drugs information gateway with information on drugs and the effects of drug misuse.
- Living Life To The Full General advice to help you live life to the full.
- NHS Suicide Prevention Advice for improving your mental health.
- Samaritans Available 24 hours a day to provide confidential emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of distress, despair or suicidal thoughts.
- Scottish Recovery Network An initiative designed to raise awareness and promote the issue of recovery from serious and long-term mental health problems.
• Citizens Advice Scotland Providing free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities.