97% of our clients said they would recommend counselling to their friends and family.
Counselling and support for couples and individuals
The Spark have been providing counselling and support for 50 years with one objective above all: to make relationships better. Couples counselling, marriage counselling or individual counselling with The Spark allows you to deal with issues that negatively impact on your life and relationships.
Counselling creates a safe environment in which you can then explore the issues you are facing individually or as a couple. Thus giving you a clearer understanding of how those issues impact upon you and ways to manage them.
- Why do people seek counselling?
- Couples counselling
- Individual counselling
- Counselling for all
- Get in touch
Why do people seek counselling?
Each individual and couple is unique. As are the circumstances that lead them to seek counselling but some issues are common:
- Communication issues: we don’t talk anymore/they don’t listen to me anymore
- Life changes: births, separation, divorce, leaving school, step-families or bereavement for example
- Mental health: anxiety, stress, depression or addiction
- Work issues: when you are experiencing difficult relationships with managers/colleagues, redundancy or unemployment
- Family conflict: the difficult teenage years, separation, divorce or empty nest
- Mistrust: when an affair is suspected or has been discovered
No matter whether you are single, married, divorced, bereaved, living with someone or having relationship problems at work, The Spark has services that can help you including:
- Counselling: face-to-face, telephone and online counselling appointments available from centres across Scotland
- The Relationship Helpline: free telephone and web chat services offering you a chance to talk about the difficulties you are facing confidentially
- The Relationship MOT: a free online tool that examines the source of relationship issues
- Free resources: ranging from our weekly blog to booklets, top tips and hints to download and use
Couples counselling with The Spark is aimed at providing couples with the opportunity to understand and explore the relationship issues they are dealing with.
With the support of a supportive and impartial counsellor, couples are better able to deal with communication issues, major life events and other problems – past and present – that are causing unhappiness.
In much the same way as marriage counselling, couples counselling focuses on creating a safe, non-judgemental space for individuals to freely express their own unique emotions and feelings.
We are all unique and so are the life events we experience. Individual counselling sessions consider how we react to such experience, why we feel the emotions we feel and why we respond to circumstances in certain ways.
These experiences may be from early childhood, past relationship or recent events. In all cases, counselling offers the chance to explore them and develop a deeper understanding of their impact upon you.
Working with one of our counsellors you will find a safe, confidential and non-judgemental space in which to discuss past and present issues. Once those issues are explored and understood, you are then able to consider ways to positively address them and their impact on your life.
To speak to one our team about counselling freephone 0808 802 0050 or complete a short enquiry form.
Counselling for all
The Spark’s services are open to anyone over the age of 16 and living in Scotland, irrespective of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religion.