97% of our clients said they would recommend counselling to their friends and family.
Counselling and support for couples and individuals
The Spark has been providing relationship counselling and support for 50 years with one objective above all: to make relationships better. Couple counselling, marriage counselling or individual counselling with The Spark allows you to deal with issues that negatively impact on your relationships.
Counselling creates a safe environment in which you can then explore the issues you are facing individually or as a couple. Thus giving you a clearer understanding of how those issues impact upon you and ways to manage them.
Find out more about relationship counselling or freephone 0808 802 0050 to make an enquiry.
May Public holiday opening hours: please note The Spark will observe reduced opening hours on some dates in May.
Why do people seek individual or couple counselling?
Each individual and couple is unique. As are the circumstances that lead them to seek counselling but some issues are common:
- Communication issues: we don’t talk anymore/they don’t listen to me anymore
- Life changes: births, separation, divorce, leaving school, step-families or bereavement for example
- Mental health: anxiety, stress, depression or addiction
- Work issues: when you are experiencing difficult relationships with managers/colleagues, redundancy or unemployment
- Family conflict: the difficult teenage years, separation, divorce or empty nest
- Mistrust: when an affair is suspected or has been discovered
No matter whether you are single, married, divorced, bereaved, living with someone or having relationship problems at work, The Spark has services that can help you including:
- Counselling: face-to-face, telephone and online counselling appointments available from centres across Scotland
- The Relationship Helpline: free telephone and web chat services offering you a chance to talk about the difficulties you are facing confidentially
- The Relationship MOT: a free online tool that examines the source of relationship issues
- Free resources: ranging from our weekly blog to booklets, top tips and hints to download and use
Counselling for all
The Spark’s services are open to anyone over the age of 16 and living in Scotland, irrespective of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religion.
Interested? Then speak to a member of our team free on 0808 802 0050 or complete an online enquiry form.