This accredited programme has been developed to increase awareness around the mental health continuum and how it can be useful when offering support to others.
In this session we will explore what is meant by presenting as mentally healthy, reacting, injured or ill and will identify appropriate levels of intervention at each stage. We will also identify ways of navigating tricky situations while keeping safe personal boundaries and the importance of engaging in restorative self-care.
This CPD workshop is suitable for people in helping, management and non-clinical roles.
- To introduce the mental health continuum
- To increase understanding of medical model terms ‘mentally healthy’, ‘reacting’, ‘mentally injured’ and ‘mentally ill’
- To introduce a new perspective ‘crisis’, ‘struggling’, surviving’, thriving’ and ‘excelling’
- To increase awareness of common signs/symptoms and appropriate interventions at each stage of the continuum
- To increase understanding of healthy and unhealthy reactions to stress and anxiety, and the importance of restorative self-care.
This 4-hour CPD workshop will include small and large group discussions with opportunities for participant led Q&A.
Course location and how to book
This course is available to take either online (April 2024) or in-person at our Glasgow training centre:
The Spark Counselling, 2nd Floor Training Suite, 100 Wellington Street, Glasgow G2 6DH
To book and pay online click the ‘Book Now’ button under the course you wish to attend.