Call 0808 802 2088 for free support
The Counselling Helpline is here when you need help or someone to talk to about your mental health, your emotions or a relationship problem. Someone who isn’t involved, who won’t take sides and won’t get upset or angry by what you want to say. Someone who will really listen.
Supported by the Scottish Government, you can speak to our professional Helpline Counsellors Monday to Friday during our opening hours. The service is completely free of charge in Scotland and totally confidential. Your call won’t appear on any itemised phone bills.
- When is the Counselling Helpline open?
- What issues do people ask for help with?
- Do you offer ongoing counselling?
Counselling Helpline opening hours
The Counselling Helpline operates on the following days and times on freephone 0808 802 2088
|Monday||10:00 – 19:00|
|Tuesday||10:00 – 19:00|
|Wednesday||10:00 – 19:00|
|Thursday||10:00 – 19:00|
|Friday||10:00 – 16:00|
What issues do people call the Counselling Helpline for help with?
Helpline counsellors are available to deal with any issue however, here are some problems we regularly help our callers with:
- Relationship difficulties with their partner
- Conflict between siblings or parent-child conflict
- Relationship problems with friends, family members and neighbours
- Impact of relationships on mental health
- Bullying in the workplace
- Separation or divorce
- Mental health issues such as anxiety or depression
- The impact of disability, caring responsibilities or chronic ill-health
- Because they need someone to talk to about issues in their life
Do you offer ongoing counselling?
Yes. Callers who might benefit from ongoing counselling and support can access it by calling the helpline. Located in Glasgow and Edinburgh we provide online, telephone and face-to-face counselling services Scotland-wide via local centres.
Ongoing counselling is a fee-based service, however, thanks to our donors and funders some free and subsidised counselling sessions are available.
Calls to the Counselling Helpline are completely free on 0808 802 2088 from landlines and mobiles.
Enquire about counselling today
Whether you’re ready to book an appointment or you just want some more information about counselling use the form below to get in touch.