93% of our clients said that counselling helped them to identify the problems in their relationship.
Counselling and support for parents and families
The Spark provides relationship counselling and support to parents and families as they face the challenges of everyday life. From family counselling and couples counselling, to advice on becoming a parent, The Spark is focused on making your family relationships better.
Families and couples are all unique. Blended families, step-families, parenting apart, parenting together are now common family types. With different family types come issues like the stress of becoming new parents, adoption, bereavement or the challenge of parenting teens.
The Spark offers relationship counselling and support services to help improve family relationships. Find out more about counselling for parents. To enquire about counselling for parents freephone 0808 802 0050 or complete an online enquiry form.
Why seek counselling?
When a couple become parents the complexity of their relationship increases. It is no longer just about them as a couple and challenges emerge that counselling can help with.
The circumstances and reasons behind a decision to seek couples counselling or family counselling are always unique. However common issues tend to fall into the following categories:
- Communication: we don’t talk/they don’t listen/we can’t get through to our kids
- Life changes: births, adolescence, separation, divorce, step-families or bereavement
- Work issues: difficult relationships with managers/colleagues, redundancy or unemployment
- Mistrust: when an affair is suspected or has been discovered, lies between parents and children
- Family conflict: sibling conflict, the difficult teenage years, separation, divorce or empty nest
Parent and family counselling services
The Spark’s parent and family support services include:
- Couples counselling for parents – face-to-face appointments
- Family counselling – fortnightly face-to-face appointments in our Glasgow centre
- The Relationship Helpline – free, telephone and web chat service where you can talk about the difficulties you are facing in a safe and confidential environment
- Free resources – ranging from our weekly blog to booklets and advice to download and use.
The services available from The Spark are open to all people over the age of 16 and living in Scotland, irrespective of gender, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religion.
Speak to a member of our team on freephone 0808 802 0050 or complete an online enquiry form.
Parent and family counselling and support services
The Relationship Helpline is a free, confidential service offering relationship support and advice. Call free on 0808 802 2088.
Family and parent counselling
Our professional counsellors will provide an impartial safe setting to work through your family difficulties. Freephone 0808 802 0050.