Thanks to our attendance of the Maternal & Early Years Conference today, the staff at National Office has been having some fun reminiscing about songs from our youth. So in the spirit of #ThrowBackThursday we’ve brought back the Song of the Week Playlist to share our picks (and for some picks, the reason why they were chosen).
The playlist is in order of release date, so enjoy a short wander through our collective memory lane.
- Roger Miller – King of the Road
“Reminds me of being about 8 and my dad playing his 78”.”
- Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons – Can’t Take My Eyes off You
“My sister and I went to see them at the Apollo in Glasgow in the 1970’s when I would have been in my early 20s.”
- Mason Williams – Classical Gas
“Heard it last night and brought back fond memories of a 6 week summer travel in Canada and east coast of America…long hair and maxi dresses (That was just the men).”
- Blondie – Hanging on the Telephone
- Urban Cookie Collective – The Key, The Secret
- Stereophonic – I Wouldn’t Believe Your Radio
“This was the first band I ever saw live. I loved them as a teenager.”
- Five – Keep on Movin’
- Shed Seven – Cry for Help
- The Music – Take the Long Road and Walk It
Listen to the full playlist on our YouTube channel.
We’re always happy to hear your picks, so tweet us @SparkScotland to share them. And if you’re off this Bank Holiday Monday enjoy your long weekend.