CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 | SERVICE UPDATE
The Spark Counselling – service update
As a national counselling organisation, The Spark recognises that the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in Scotland is causing increased anxiety and stress about health, employment and isolation, and the impact these will have on the future for family and friends.
To ensure that we can continue to support adult, children and young people in these difficult times, we have expanded our existing online and telephone counselling services.
Like many other businesses we have closed our offices and we have moved to home working to protect our colleagues and clients. However, it is business as usual – we have a dedicated team of experienced Online Counsellors who are able to provide a professional online counselling service either by phone or video through ZOOM.
The following changes will be effective from 18 March 2020.
Information last updated: 1 September 2020
Counselling services for adults, couples, children and young people
- All in-person, face-to-face counselling appointments continue to be suspended.
- We will continue to offer counselling sessions for new and existing clients. Our team will be available during opening hours to schedule appointments and speak to clients seeking more information about our services
- To book an appointment or discuss our service, freephone 0808 802 0050 during office hours or complete an online enquiry
- Learn more about our counselling services for adults and couples
- Learn more about our counselling services for children and young people.
School counselling services
- We are returning to face-to-face counselling services in schools, subject to Scottish Government guidance and the requirements of individual local authorities and/or schools.
- Client and new schools are able to access our Digital Counselling services and are asked to speak to your operational lead directly for updates
- For more information regarding The Spark’s school counselling services during the Coronavirus outbreak, visit our website.
- In line with current guidelines regarding training, we have been able to resume delivering some of our courses at our Glasgow centre. There are strict safety provisions in place for all face-to-face training. We will also continue to run some of our courses fully online.
- Registrations for future training courses are open.
- Click or tap for more information on The Spark’s training courses and services.