CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 | SERVICE UPDATE
The Spark Counselling – service update
As a national counselling organisation The Spark recognises that the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in Scotland is causing increased anxiety and stress about health, employment and isolation, and the impact these will have on the future for family and friends.
To ensure that we can continue to support adult, children and young people in these difficult times, The Spark is expanding our existing online and telephone counselling services.
Like many other businesses we have closed our offices and we have moved to home working to protect our colleagues and clients. However, it is business as usual – we have a dedicated team of experienced Online Counsellors who are able to provide a professional online counselling service either by phone or video through ZOOM. To find out more or make an appointment contact us online or freephone 0808 802 0050 during our operating hours.
This team will supported by The Spark’s senior team of Clinical Supervisors. For you, the client, the only difference to the therapeutic support is that it is not a physical, face to face but now virtual face to face.
You can access counselling without leaving your home, at a time which suits you. We have daytime and early evening appointments available.
The following changes will be effective from 18 March 2020.
Information last updated: 30 March 2020
Counselling services for adults, couples, children and young people
- All in-person counselling appointments are now suspended. Existing clients will be offered telephone or online video counselling for appointments already scheduled with The Spark Counselling
- We will continue to offer counselling sessions for new clients wherever possible. Our team will be available during opening hours to schedule appointments and speak to clients seeking more information about our services
- To book an appointment or discuss our service, freephone 0808 802 0050 during office hours or complete an online enquiry
- For more information on our services for adults and couples during the Coronavirus outbreak, visit The Spark online
- For more information on our services for children and young people during the Coronavirus outbreak, visit The Spark online.
School counselling services
- The Spark will roll out a digital counselling platform for schools currently contracted with The Spark
- Client schools will be contacted shortly and are asked to speak to your operational lead directly for updates
- For more information regarding The Spark’s school counselling services during the Coronavirus outbreak, visit our website.
The Relationship Helpline
- The Relationship Helpline will remain open on freephone 0808 802 2088
- Opening hours will be extended from 30 March 2020 onwards. For more information please visit our website.
- All future training courses offered by The Spark are now postponed
- Training courses currently in session will continue using online resources
- Registrations for future training courses will continue to be taken during this time
- For more information regarding The Spark’s training courses and services, visit the website.